The Smart-Bit PRO PLUG System makes plugging IPE decks fast & easy. Engineered to create a perfect looking & fitting result. Part of a system, the PRO PLUG Tool creates a screw hole and countersink portion that perfectly matches PRO PLUG plugs. The Smart-Bit PRO PLUG Tool for Wood contains one Smart-Bit Tool, 2 replacement bits, 1 stub bit and an allen wrench. Additional replacement bits may be purchased separately. The PRO PLUG Plug & Fastener Kit for IPE is the second part of the system. The kit contains uniquely designed IPE plugs, stainless steel screws, 2 square drive bits and the revolutionary new PRO PLUG glue nozzle. The glue nozzle works with most waterproof wood glues such as Elmer’s Waterproof Wood Glue or Titebond. All you need to get started is a PRO PLUG Tool for Wood and a PRO PLUG Plug & Fastener Kit for IPE along with a bottle of waterproof wood glue and a few simple tools. Used together, the PRO PLUG Tool and PRO PLUG Plug & Fastener System results in a beautiful, high end IPE plugged deck in half the time. Warning: Bits can become very hot during normal use. To reduce risk of injury, follow the instructions of your power tool manufacturer and use safety glasses.
- PRE-DRILLS AND COUNTERBORES PERFECTLY- The patented number 8 Pro Plug Tool for Wood creates a screw hole and countersinks all in one step. The tool is designed for use with the Pro Plug System for wood by Starborn Industries.
- CUTS THROUGH DECKING AND FLOORING MORE THAN 2X AS FAST AS STANDARD WOOD BITS- The drill bits feature Powerbolic fluting, enabling the bits to bore twice as fast, speeding up installation
- SPINNING STOP COLLAR WITH O-RING PREVENTS DAMAGE TO BOARD SURFACE- stop collar spins independent of the drill and counterbore assembly. The hole is complete when the stop collar stops spinning
- INCLUDES TOOL, 2 REPLACEMENT BITS, 1 STUB BIT, AND A HEX WRENCH- the stub bit is designed for plug only installations with no fasteners. For easy install make sure to have a corded power drill, power sander, wood glue and hammer or mallet on hand.
- FOR BEST RESULTS, VIEW THE PRO PLUG TOOL LIFE PHOTO- this will give you an idea of how many tools are needed to complete your job. This is based on the wood used. One tool will work for 100 sq ft of Ipe or Cumaru but the same tool will last for 200 sq ft of Meranti or Red Balau